Photo

Recommended 20 mm bases for 1/72 mm scale infantry models

renedra 20 mm 1/72 models infantry plastic soldier

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you collect models (i.e. Airfix, Tamiya, Plastic Soldier etc) (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you collect any models (i.e. Airfix, Tamiya, Plastic Soldier etc)

1. Yes, 1/72 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Yes, 1/35 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Yes, another scale though (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No, I do not collect models (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

If you collect, or are thinking to collect models (even if you don't collect infantry) was this helpful?

1. Yes (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hello folks. Do any of you collect 1/72 scale infantry models? Are any of you having trouble with standing them the heck up? Do they keep falling down like a surrendering Frenchman? If so, this is just the pack for you!

The Renedra 20 mm bases are absolutely fantastic and when you cut off the horrendous excuse for a "base" that comes with the models, you can then glue the models onto the bases. I can cut it off even with my super blunt scalpel (sharp is recommended) and it does a decent job.

Renedra look cheap, horrible, tacky, but that is only in the picture. If seen and felt in person, it is made of very hard green plastic of good quality and the soldiers are easily gluable along with textures such as fact grass or shrubs.

However, for standing still soldiers, I would advice a slightly smaller size, minimum of 15 mms (I can't find 15 mm bases sorry) or the size of a 5p coin (or use a 5p coin if necessary (or the equivalent size coin from other countries currencies). For infantry that are on the move it is perfectly fine though. The bases are also not so thick that you can't cut it to shape so that you can glue 2 together to make it larger, such as a bazooka team for example. They are quite cheap, so you can buy it without worrying about waste too much.

10629780_280424885480382_921544035459113

For those who are unwilling to read my beautifully written words, you can listen to my angelic voice instead (warning, ear protection recommended, my voice is too horrifically horrible for unprotected ears. Symptoms include bleeding of the ears and permanent madness. You have been warned)

Links to buy the bases:

For the Brits: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d4a62b3c6

For the 'Muricans: http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d4a62b3c6

Models I used: http://theplasticsol...products_id=635

Oh yes, and as for the "A Tank History" series, the M2/3 Bradley shall be up soon

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#2 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hello folks. Do any of you collect 1/72 scale infantry models? Are any of you having trouble with standing them the heck up? Do they keep falling down like a surrendering Frenchman? If so, this is just the pack for you!

The Renedra 20 mm bases are absolutely fantastic and when you cut off the horrendous excuse for a "base" that comes with the models, you can then glue the models onto the bases. I can cut it off even with my super blunt scalpel (sharp is recommended) and it does a decent job.

Renedra look cheap, horrible, tacky, but that is only in the picture. If seen and felt in person, it is made of very hard green plastic of good quality and the soldiers are easily gluable along with textures such as fact grass or shrubs.

However, for standing still soldiers, I would advice a slightly smaller size, minimum of 15 mms (I can't find 15 mm bases sorry) or the size of a 5p coin (or use a 5p coin if necessary (or the equivalent size coin from other countries currencies). For infantry that are on the move it is perfectly fine though. The bases are also not so thick that you can't cut it to shape so that you can glue 2 together to make it larger, such as a bazooka team for example. They are quite cheap, so you can buy it without worrying about waste too much.

10629780_280424885480382_921544035459113

For those who are unwilling to read my beautifully written words, you can listen to my angelic voice instead (warning, ear protection recommended, my voice is too horrifically horrible for unprotected ears. Symptoms include bleeding of the ears and permanent madness. You have been warned)

Links to buy the bases:

For the Brits: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d4a62b3c6

For the 'Muricans: http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d4a62b3c6

Models I used: http://theplasticsol...products_id=635

Oh yes, and as for the "A Tank History" series, the M2/3 Bradley shall be up soon

Nice work, Parker. Can you make a battle scene with the miniatures and film it for us. This way we can see the whole picture.

Can't wait for the next of A Tank History series :) Cheers!

#3 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Nice work, Parker. Can you make a battle scene with the miniatures and film it for us. This way we can see the whole picture.

I don't see why not. However I have few models and only a few tanks, and I am rubbish with special effects! It may take a while, but it shall be done!

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#4 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

I don't see why not. However I have few models and only a few tanks, and I am rubbish with special effects! It may take a while, but it shall be done!

Great! Looking forward to it ;)

#5 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

• Parker203 likes this
The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: renedra, 20 mm, 1/72, models, infantry, plastic, soldier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users