• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

Can you tell us which one do you like more AK-74 or M4/M16? In my opinion the AK-74 is more reliable, has more stopping power, but lacks accuracy. What do you think?

#2 Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Well, the stopping power of the M4/M16 is better, due to it being slighter larger, longer and using more powder. The round for the AK-74 is a 5.45 X 39, whereas the M4/M16 uses a 5.56 X 45. Both have a diameter that is a fraction smaller than .22 round. But saying that the AK-74 has more stopping power is false, but then again it depends on the round, such as hollow point for example. But the fact is however that the 5.45 mm round of the AK-74 has more penetrating power, but not stopping power. The reason for this is that it has a slightly higher velocity and penetrates the target outright. The 5.56 mm is designed to tumble and hit the target causing far more damage. Sorry, got a tad carried away here.

For reliability however I would definitely go with the AK-74. The AK-74 is literally a redesigned AK-47 with 50% interchangeability and some improvements to make it more accurate and better reliability. The M16 at the start was horrid for its reliability, but improvements made it incredibly reliable, but still you need to take care of it and the M4, but not so much the AK-74.

Accuracy I would go with the M16, definitely. M4, I would say is slightly more accurate I would think that the AK-74.

But anyhow, give me an L85 any day of the the week. Shorter than an M4, longer barrel than an M16, so accurate they had to literally redesign accuracy tests and once it was fixed up bu H&K to stop it jamming every 3 rounds, it is one of the best assault rifles around.

But out of those 2, give me an M4, I just like the look of it more 

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 Zandatsu

• Chief Engineers
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCoventry, United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

AK 74M, its simple, reliable, efficient and just plain sexy. The M4 and M16 are good guns but look at the tests compared to the FN SCAR, HK 416 and XM8. Also all that tacticool is hideous. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AK-74, vs, M4/M16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users