2 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hi friends,

I wanted to ask you if here are game heroes that need to die or to be replaced with new ones.

For example in Resident Evil how many more ways can you spin the same story with the same characters? Kill zombies, run from zombies, discover a new strain of zombifying virus, meet new enigmatic character, go to new place with new zombie threat, run from giant mutant zombie thing, kill zombies and so on repetitive actions. Are we all tired of this formula? That is why I would like to ask you if you are bored with any of the game heroes you play with and do you think that they should be replaced with new ones, with new game story and etc.?

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

I think i already mentioned it but i really want Leon S Kennedy to die badly along with Ada,they can go to hell and live their romance and thay can leave the fighting to Chris. :lol: Reason: Badly written,if capcom wants to keep him any others they need to hire a new writer,It's not always what the character says,it's when he says it.Chris has more reasons to stay in the "field"........but  he needs to rest too.

The problem is that all these characters have been through a lot and i mean a lot.They've fought enough monstrosities and they've seen a lot of horrors that made them like stones,they don't fear much.I keep reading in some other threads "what needs to be done to bring back horror to the Resident Evil" and such questions.And the answer is very simple: bring in new characters,normal people like RE: Outbreak.Characters that never have seen any horrors before and they don't have any special training.You will feel close to them and you will feel helpless and scared like in the older games.

I have to admit i wanted to see the other side of the outbreaks,the soldiers side because someone has to fight the whole thing.But without ruining the whole survival horror experience the old games had.So i had an idea: Capcom could rename RE 4,5,6 and make them officialy spin offs and the real sequel to be old school.That would've pleased the old fans and the new fans and everyone will be happy.

Even if they continue on like they do and keep those old characters in action,at least let them rest for a few sequels.

P.S.Sorry for the big post. :D

• pkozukova likes this

#3 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I think i already mentioned it but i really want Leon S Kennedy to die badly along with Ada,they can go to hell and live their romance and thay can leave the fighting to Chris. :lol: Reason: Badly written,if capcom wants to keep him any others they need to hire a new writer,It's not always what the character says,it's when he says it.Chris has more reasons to stay in the "field"........but  he needs to rest too.

The problem is that all these characters have been through a lot and i mean a lot.They've fought enough monstrosities and they've seen a lot of horrors that made them like stones,they don't fear much.I keep reading in some other threads "what needs to be done to bring back horror to the Resident Evil" and such questions.And the answer is very simple: bring in new characters,normal people like RE: Outbreak.Characters that never have seen any horrors before and they don't have any special training.You will feel close to them and you will feel helpless and scared like in the older games.

I have to admit i wanted to see the other side of the outbreaks,the soldiers side because someone has to fight the whole thing.But without ruining the whole survival horror experience the old games had.So i had an idea: Capcom could rename RE 4,5,6 and make them officialy spin offs and the real sequel to be old school.That would've pleased the old fans and the new fans and everyone will be happy.
Even if they continue on like they do and keep those old characters in action,at least let them rest for a few sequels.

P.S.Sorry for the big post. :D

Thank you very much for your thoughts and ideas :-)
  • the_prophet1987 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, characters, that, need, to, die

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users