4 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Guys,

Have you ever experienced dramattic changes in the game plot, which are so disappointing that make you never comeback and start playing the game? It is really annoying to enjoy the game and suddenly a strange and totally unexpected change in the game story to happen. Or the new game to introduce such a stupid story suggestions, whith which I guess you have felt a bit disoriented and frustrated.

There are some awful plot twists that ruined good games and reflects a collection of excellent titles. What I mean: ever since Super Mario Bros. 2 was revealed to just be Mario sleeping, we have encountered frustrating plot twists which just left them shouting, “what were they thinking?” at their screens. These plot twists undermined the effect of everything else the game had to offer.

I can give you some more examples:

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Reznov has been dead the whole time

You probably remeber that before Modern Warfare, the Call of Duty series was only known for World War II depictions. Black Ops was a nice rest from the Modern Warfare series as it takes place in the 1960s during the Cold War. We felt that finding out Reznov had been dead for years was extremely pointless. We felt that him being dead and Mason imagining him there next to him throughout Black Ops was a cheap plot device inspired by Russell Crowe's character in A Beautiful Mind. Also, the fact that no other characters ever spoke to Reznov besides Mason didn't really help.

Resident Evil 5
Jill is the masked woman

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Yeah about Reznov when i first saw that i was WTF?The Death of Soap in MW3 also pointless,he was saved from death in the begining of the game just to die a few stages later.Why they even save him?

Jill's return in RE5 was off,she should've stayed dead or return somewhere else and someplace else to make more sense.

Another thing that left me frustrated was the jump from Crysis 1 storyline to Crysis 2.

What happened on the island when raptor team goes back to save Prophet?They explained the story in a comic and that explanation was rediculous really.

Why the alien design changed?Why all aliens have to look like humans?The Crysis 1 aliens were original and looked like squids swimming in the air.They were more "alien" and agile this way,why to change to bipedal form?Their structures too they looked like out of this world,the structures in Crysis 2 and 3 look like build by humans.

I undrstand the story needed to be focused on Prophet and they created a "one-of-a-kind-bad-@ss character but they left the story in holes so big that you can see them from space. :blink:

Another thing that annoys me is the logic of The Walking Dead the game and the tv series.There is no background story about anything and i can't help myself but asking this question: Where the **** all the army gone?How did the slow @ss walkers(zombies) did overrun the whole army and they can't kill a bunch of city people?I mean trained soldiers who know how to kill in 100 ways armed to the teeth carrying machine guns that kill 100 people-zombies in 3 minutes,not to mention IFVs,Tanks,Gunships Missiles and so on.Does it seem possible to you?I know it's fiction but a good explanation is all i ask. :angry:

#3 Orm

Orm

Rookie

• Chief Engineers
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

I know it's fiction but a good explanation is all I ask.

Indeed.

• pkozukova and the_prophet1987 like this

#4 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

It's true Orm TWD puts you in a world that you just don't know anything about.Most people like it this way though,what can i say lol? :rolleyes:

#5 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

It's true Orm TWD puts you in a world that you just don't know anything about.Most people like it this way though,what can i say lol? :rolleyes:

I hate to be in a world that is totally unknown for me, because I don't know what to expect, where from the attack might come and etc...
  • the_prophet1987 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: awful, plot, twists, ruined, good, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users