2 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi guys,

What is you preferred pace for strategy gaming – faster dynamic battles or a slower one with more analysis and planning? Should include many units or few precious ones

How about the bloodiness of the engagements? Do you like destruction of each unit to be challenge or more expendables are more fun?
I personally prefer to have plenty of time for analysis and planning, but not to do reflex dependent tactical combats. Strategy gaming for me is mostly about planning moves and analysis strengths and weaknesses prior to acting. What is you unique view?

#2 Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

I like a balance, however I prefer huge maps with huge armies, with hundreds of units that you can individually control or as a squad for example, similar to War Game franchise (but with that it is only squads you can control, or individual vehicles). I love games like Men of War, as it usually goes like this:

"you have 50 units of infantry, and you can call in extra units for each point you take. You want to take out that machine gun nest? You want to do it by swarming them headlong into a charge? *2 seconds later* you now have 5 units, the enemy still has a machine gun, 5 tanks, 2 artillery pieces and units that make yours look like kittens. Well done"

I LOVE tactics, and I try to avoid those games like Command and Conquer where every shot is a hit, with no ballistics at all and no cover etc unless of course genuine tactics are needed and it is a great game

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yeah pretty much what Parker said. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pace, battle, destruction, rate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users