7 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hi guys,

What are the most usefull air attack techniques? How many planes you woud use and what would be the formation that will best fit your attack?

How many planes you can loose in one battle in order your army to survive and keep on fighting? How often you would plan to have air attacks - in every battle or not?

I would definately use the box formation which has both an offensive and defensive nature.

The B-17 referred to as the Flying Fortress from all the defensive armaments, the three turrets of dual fifty caliber machine guns and the two single fifty caliber waist gunners. Additional guns added with that chine turret belatedly.

I love the whole idea of referring to a concentrated formation as a 'box' which was the result of diagramming formations in plan, profile and front elevation views, positioning each individual bomber in an invisible boxlike area. The formation is consisted of 12 planes subdivided in four groups of three planes.

#2 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

Carpet bomb them with supreme firepower. Bring out the B-24 liberator and give them 8,000 pounds of freedom!

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

One A-10 is enough for me if it is a ground attack you want.It proved itself very capable and helped me a lot in Wargame:Airland Battle.A flying tank it is believe me. ;)

• pkozukova likes this

#4 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

One A-10 is enough for me if it is a ground attack you want.It proved itself very capable and helped me a lot in Wargame:Airland Battle.A flying tank it is believe me. ;)

Giving 30 mm's of democracy one round at a time

• pkozukova and the_prophet1987 like this

#5 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

And enough cluster bombs to stabilizing any nation. :D

#6 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

Guys, how often do you plan and conduct air attacks in a game. And how many of them were a success?

#7 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

Guys, how often do you plan and conduct air attacks in a game. And how many of them were a success?

I haven't really played much games where you plan an air attack, but those that I do I suppose I take my time and hope that they succeed

• pkozukova likes this

#8 Zandatsu

Zandatsu

Sergeant

• Chief Engineers
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCoventry, United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

SEAD first to eliminate enemy radar AA, I'd keep a fighter patrol close to the SEAD planes, when ark ARM's have been fired move in the attack planes and have the same fighter patrol protect them against and kind of interception. 

• pkozukova and the_prophet1987 like this

techsigv2fx8.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how, you, would, buikd, air, attack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users