Jump to content


Photo

Changing Weather Conditions

changing weather conditions

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

    C&C Officer

  • Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hi fellow gamers,

What do you thing abou the posibility of changing weather in a game?
If it is possible to develop a program routine that would allow weather to change during a battle?

What would you say about the game to start with foggy weather and after a certain amount of time there to be a 40% chance the weather remains this way but a 60% chance every ten minutes the fog to become mist and so on. What do you think about the weather to change in accordance with the terrain -e.g to have different weather conditions in the mountain area and in the lowlands to have clear days.

If we decide to implement such an option in War Cabinet game, would it affect your tactical abilities and would it make the game even more attractive?
  • the_prophet1987 likes this

#2 Parker203

Parker203

    Platoon Lead

  • Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

I was expecting a weather system to be honest, and I would love it if it was implemented. It would create dynamic scenarios and you would have to change your tactics, and possibly even halt your army. For example, too muhc rain would bog the ground (tanks would make this worse) and would slow down troops and decrease morale and effectiveness (only like militia for example but not well trained units as they would have trained in these conditions). Snow would increase attrition and slow units and those caught without winter gear or those who haven't trained in these conditions would be worse effected. Storms would halt air traffic and reduce viability among many other things 


  • pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 pkozukova

pkozukova

    Community Manager

  • Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

I was expecting a weather system to be honest, and I would love it if it was implemented. It would create dynamic scenarios and you would have to change your tactics, and possibly even halt your army. For example, too muhc rain would bog the ground (tanks would make this worse) and would slow down troops and decrease morale and effectiveness (only like militia for example but not well trained units as they would have trained in these conditions). Snow would increase attrition and slow units and those caught without winter gear or those who haven't trained in these conditions would be worse effected. Storms would halt air traffic and reduce viability among many other things 

What about snow or storms, they also would affect your actions. What do you think?



#4 Zandatsu

Zandatsu

    Sergeant

  • Chief Engineers
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCoventry, United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

A weather system would be great, Having as blizzard reduces units visibility or mud from the rain bogging down vehicles and infantry. 


techsigv2fx8.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: changing, weather, conditions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users