8 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

Guys,

As we all know camouflage is the art of making military objects harder to see. It is important for all military units no matter what purpose they have in the game.

There are various options to camouflage your vehicles -  in the past this was done by simple field expedients, such as the use of brush or earth berms to conceal a location such as a gun emplacement, encampment, or supply dump. Camouflage netting augmented with local materials has long been used to conceal static positions. In addition to camouflage of static positions with nets and brush, camouflage techniques included efforts to conceal the tracks when vehicles were moved.

Having all that in mind what do you think about the camouflage functionality to be added to War Cabinet game? Would you use it very often and how? What kind of camouflage you would prefer?

I would definately do. For me it will be great if there is a suitable camoflage according to the terrain surroundings or according to the weather conditions, for example in winter conditions would be nice if there is winter camo available.

#2 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

I think camouflage should decrease accuracy against those shooting them, only a little bit. If a unit is laying down then they should be nearly invisible so long as thy have the right camouflage and depending on the unit, they know how to stay hidden (i.e. staying still, location of hiding etc)

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Camo is very important.I think we can use camouflage netting to our buildings in our base.This will decrease possible detection from any recon enemy units and accuracy of the shooters like Parker said.I remember Wargame: Airland Battle used a game logic about units camouflage.You just equip it before the mission starts and it doesn't show on the map but it's effects are active.This is a good thing if you don't want to mess with the game engine for some reason.

• pkozukova likes this

#4 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

I like the como idea, but there are couple of technical issues that pop up around that. Need to see how much effort will cost to be solved and implemented.

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#5 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

I like the como idea, but there are couple of technical issues that pop up around that. Need to see how much effort will cost to be solved and implemented.

Like I always say, not everything can be put in on release. Back in the day you had to, however we can now and put it in as an update or something.

Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#6 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

nikolay.Yeah it's your call. ;)

#7 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Well…first things firsts. As of first major goal we are working hard to provide for you guys early playable version with at least baseline features so we could get a better feeling of the player experience. Then we build up what we all together see as most desired. This is the short version of the plan.  

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#8 Orm

Orm

Rookie

• Chief Engineers
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

I would think that camouflage is important but I suppose that there are different ways on handling it.

Will the game have scouting, or recon, units?

#9 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

Game will include recon and stealth stats for the units.

You will be able to see it soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camouglage, for, military, vehicles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users