• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Have you guys recently been tired from a genre or a game? Which genre/game do you think need more refreshment and new ideas, stories, functionality and etc.

For me, I burnt out on competitive multiplayer shooters (and competitive multiplayer in general, for the most part) after MW2. I played a lot of COD4 and MW2 and after that have had absolutely no interest in going back to those.

What about you guys?

#2 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well, most FPS games are getting rather old and straightforward, although there are a few outstanding examples of awesome though (i.e. Far Cry, GTA V first person, Arma etc)

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

Parker don't forget Bioshock series,they remained......different unltil the last game.Well another genre that needed refreshing was Survival Horror because developers go the "action" territory and forget about the horror part.But it got more refreshing than it could handle lol with games like Outlast,Amnesia,Penumbra series,Alien Isolation and more.

• pkozukova likes this

#4 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Which platform also needs refreshment - PC, PlayStation or...

#5 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Nope, i can play some games over and over again.

Stronghold Crusader

Stronghold

Stronghold 2

Generals Zero Hour

Rise of Nations Thrones and Patriots

Other games i played, i finished them and i have no intentions on going back, so i cant tell what they need to improve or change to refresh the look

The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

#6 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

I wouldn’t call it urgent, but I wish there are more good strategy games.

This would mean deep gameplay and minimal repeatability. Games that make you think, but not just click like crazy.

Sure there are many good titles, but I feel that it’s a genre that worth much more attention from both developers and publishers.

I think other genres get vast more titles and frequently become oversaturated. In many case that doesn’t mean better and more entertaining games.

I hope there are more people out there wanting the same.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genre, game, need, urgent, refreshment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users