• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Human emotions as a game character feature.

The two major parts of our brain; the logical and emotional… mind and heart.

Could game characters become more “lively” by including our emotions as character feature?

Would we say that our emotions and ambitions are driving our life?

Character feature is the emotion.

…Three year forward I’m playing the latest RPG and my hero got successful to defeat couple of strong enemies with ease. He was under the effect of anger and got +20% fighting boost.

The same game 20 min later: My character is negotiating for purchase of rare ring, but didn’t succeed to lower the price enough. The Hero was under effect of negative social/negotiation penalty, because he was sad during this time. (He lost long time companion in the last battle).

We could even speculate that more emotionally oriented games and characters will attract more female players?

Your thoughts appreciated…

#2 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Well yes, for first person shooter games i think, it would be more interesting i guess. Like Scarface game where you press V to get angry and they cant kill you no matter how times they shoot you(like in the movie).

But to be strong, key is in calmness and clear mind, atleast thats how it works in real life, games would be boring if your hero character is some hippie calm dude right. Games need muscles and explosions.

To be stronger, you need hate and dark side of the Force ;)

The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users