4 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hi guys,

Do you have any experience with anti tank weapons, used by the infantry? Do you find them necessary and applicable in war games?

For me they are very good addition to any war game. Especially if there are Panzerfaust, which was a cheap, single shot, recoilless German anti-tank weapon of World War II. It consisted of a small, disposable preloaded launch tube firing a high explosive anti-tank warhead, and was operated by a single soldier. A similar but smaller weapon was named the Faustpatrone.These two useful weapons would definitely be part of my equipment in every single war game I play.

Would you use this nice equipment to neutralize the enemy?

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

Yeah i use RPG 7 more often against older tanks but it's not doin' any serious damage to modern tanks.But since the game is based on 80s then these wepons should work just fine.

I agree that you need infantry AT squads in war games,they are important.

In my experience with war games i learned this: To take the enemy base you need main battle tanks,to keep the enemy from taking your base you need AT infantry.

Infantry works better in defending a base than tanks.They can dug deep in strongpoints and hit the enemy hard and they can move around faster.Just like MBT's are better for offensive tactics.Maybe you can take an enemy base with infantry but it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder.I tried that and failed a lot,believe me mate. :rolleyes:

• pkozukova likes this

#3 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

We will provide these toys. RPGs, LAW, etc.

#4 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Nice,i'm looking forward to it. :)

#5 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

They could be accompanied by their bigger brothers TOW and Konkurs for heavier punch against armor.

• the_prophet1987 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anti, tanks, weapons, aimed, for, the, infantry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users