• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

I have been reading about autonomous robots used in the battlefield.

We are now getting used to drones ( UAVs ) but, in the close future seems that UGV are gonna be the new trend ( although they first saw action in WW2, for example the teletanks used by Russia when they tried to invade Finland in the 1939 ).

Personally I find that really creepy, although it may not matter much what try to kill you, but if it's not even a human, and its manned in a safe distance, and you never know if it could turn against their own side...

What do you think about the possible spread of UGV in the battlegrounds? What do you know about them? Do you think are morally right?

#2 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

People might have thought that when we first used horses for war for example (unlikely) but everything new is going to get attention. It is the future so we are just going to have to get used to it

• pkozukova and the_prophet1987 like this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#3 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

I,ve seen them in movies but if we ever get ready for battle UGVs they'll be nothing like what you saw in the movies.First of all i still don't know their "place" in battle,i mean they can't replace tanks.Too many open weak points and (if bipedal) risk of losing ballance and fall after a strong hit.I see them most likely to be some kind of support unit.

• pkozukova and Parker203 like this

#4 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

I've watched about DARPA projects in youtube. It's amazing how far they reached considering that probably latest achievements are not shown to the public.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lets, talk, about, War-Robots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users