5 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Guys,

Which one is your favorite tactical strategy game based on WWII? What makes it so desirable and distinctive?

How important is the reflection of WWII history, which depicts real military operations in it?

Which war scene in the military history you would love to play in War Cabinet?

My favorite WWII based game is CoH and I would love if War Cabinet recreates a scene from some of the famous battles.

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

I would definetly want to play the Battle of the Kursk but it was a massive battle with tanks minefields AT strongpoints and more.I don't know if you could recreate something as big as this in the game.Of course you can always make it more...........limited. ;)

• pkozukova, Parker203 and techno_nazi like this

#3 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

I would definetly want to play the Battle of the Kursk but it was a massive battle with tanks minefields AT strongpoints and more.I don't know if you could recreate something as big as this in the game.Of course you can always make it more...........limited. ;)

I like your suggestion a lot :)

#4 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

My favourite tactical game based on World War II has to be Men of War. It is realistic, you have to us tactics and on heroic difficulty you HAVE to use tactics and be a quick thinker otherwise you are dead, end of story full stop.

• pkozukova likes this
Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#5 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

World of Tanks

Prokhorovka map

Of course it is third person shooter, not strategy game.

The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

#6 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

I like Eastern Front, German invasion of the USSR.

Played many battles(eastern front as part of whole ww2) on atWar Strategy Game where you have population, income and weapon(unit) production. Very intense battles, germans being supported by finnish, hungarians and croats, soviets recruiting millions, trains melting railways from transporting soldiers and equipment to the front, civilian casualties, diplomacy 'games' between allies and axis, secret pacts, official agreements.

In War Cabinet, i would like to play Normandy Invasion, with paratroopers and silent gliders, and Stalingrad Battle with infantry melee clashes.

The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best, tactical, strategy, game, based, WWII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users