• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

Few words behind artillery tactics based on in-game mechanics.

Use fast moving unit to reveal the enemy and to act like spoters. This could be APCs, Armored cars or forward based light infrantry.

Once having targets, artillery batterys deliver devastating pinpoint strikes from behind.

Would you apply such strategy?

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

I used that strategy in Wargame: Airland Battle mostly.But it's hard not to get your spoter killed.In that game i used the trees as a cover,the enemies have a hard time spoting you but you also have a hard time moving in and out of trees.Will you be using trees as a cover in War Cabinet too?And will units slow down their speed inside dense forests and will they get damaged along the way too bcause of the rough ground?

Well as for artilliery unit,once your target is revealed is piece of cake. :)

#3 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Speaking of spoting each unit have stealh value assigned. Terrain type will infuence this value.

Naturaly some formations like infantry will have high base stealth stat and will be more difficult to be discovered. Higher stealth will also trigger ambush events in some occasions, but i will open a separate topic on that.

Of course you should expect to lose some of your forward units, no way around it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users