• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

War Cabinet has a new armored vehicle. It is robust, mass-produced and cheap.

The T-55 medium tank is going to form the bulk of armored forces for the House of Green.

Although T-55 might look vastly outdated and under gunned, but this tank is become the most produced for a reason.  The decent reliability, armor, maneuverability and affordable prices made it preferred choice for more than 50+ armies during the second part of 20th century.  

Screenshot is uploaded in the gallery section and short video is available at: https://www.youtube....h?v=TjkFUVbDU0o

Which tank do you think will be T-55’s major competitor on the War Cabinet battlefield?

• jonuxas21 and CharlesFag like this

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Very solid choice the T-55 indeed,it's probably the most ballanced tank you can find in a good price!I believe his competitor should be the Centurion,also very reliable tank of the last century and used by many countries too.I would be glad to see those old timers fighting each other in game! :)

• CharlesFag likes this

#3 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

Agree with Prophet, T-55 is an excellent choice.

Possible main opponent could be M48, Centurion and Leopard 1. Although I guess Leopard could be considered slightly more advanced.

The model looks very good.

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#4 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

The T-55 was great at its introduction, and was for a few years afterwards but the introduction of the L7 105 mm gun made the armour pretty much useless, as by 1959 the L7 was mounted on the Centurion Mk5/2 onwards. It was still a great tank that could be produced in great numbers, but in modern warfare it simply isn't up to the challenge, especially as the Chieftain entered service

Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#5 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

This is quite correct Parker. Older model tanks that we are going to use would be considerably weaker (both in attack power and defense) than it’s more modern counterparts. In order to be aligned with the current equipment line we plan to face T-55 vs M48 on a regular basis on the battlefield.

PS: Parker, despite that we stick to Soviet and US weaponry I still own you that British Tank in-game and it will be made.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tank, MBT, house of green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users