• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

General goal of air superiority is to deny enemy air assets of entering friendly airspace or operating in their own. Primary mission could be considered to defend national strategic industrial and infrastructure objectives. Fighter groups are tasked with this mission and they works in close cooperation with EWR or any available AWACS.

Air Defense units provide additional depth and minimize air space penetration at all altitudes.

AirCombat.png

Detection ranges and sector situational awareness and pilot skills are critical elements in Air Combat.

Having an advantage to first detect enemy allow for higher kill probability with BVR attacks. Missile with active radar homing further improve the change of gaining air victory.

At close ranges or WVR agility of the planes and pilot skills are at most importance. IR homing missiles and cannon fire is employed at this stage.

Aircraft employing ECM, evasive maneuvers and chaff/flare CM are harder to detect hit.

All aircrafts in the game are made destructible when hit by missile/cannon.

We thought it would be nice to disintegrate planes when destroyed, so it’s done.

FightersDestroyed.png

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

Yeah baby!!!Plane disintegration sounds great,i hope the game engine can handle such physics.

One thing i like though is the options for a search,BVR attack,a close attack and evade.Not many RTS games give you these kinds of options and i'm very excited to see them in the interface. :D

#3 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

It is not using physics, but a separate logic of disintegrating model 3d mesh.  

So it’s very well handled by the almost any hardware. We could benefit of that by having larger Air Combat involving up to 8 aircrafts.

Glad you like the approach.

As usual core members will get a build with latest features.

Update will follow shortly.

• the_prophet1987 likes this

#4 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:19 AM

Staged attacks, awesome! Want to test now.

#5 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:55 PM

Looks AWESOME!

Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#6 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

Guys, please be patient few more days for playtest. We want to include multi-squadron battles.

If it doesn’t happen in short timeframe I will send you current more basic version.

We are really happy that our work receives positive feedback. Thank you for been part of this project.

#7 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Overall it’s a good fight both as logic and visuals.

I felt that missiles hit way too often.

Close combat is finished way too quickly and it’s hard to distinguish between firing with SR rockets and gun.

Did few combats and results were mostly one sided usually with 3 planes destroyed from both sides.

I guess it’s because numerical superiority of the orange. Wish to see air combat with more planes and different odds

#8 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

Good points there. We like to receive additional data from play before drawing final conclusion.

For sure there will be substantial efforts invested into balancing missiles hit probability, lethality and aircraft maneuvers and engagement timing.

Thanks for commenting.

#9 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

Well air combat works smoothly.I'm waiting to see ground attack to have a full opinion.Ι just have 2 questions:

1) When one of our air unit encounters an enemy unit then the game will switch camera instantly and follow the action,like the part we played?

2) Will the planes be able to break formation and follow a different path if needed?

#10 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

When one of our air unit encounters an enemy unit then the game will switch camera instantly and follow the action,like the part we played?

Yes, the camera will follow the action

Will the planes be able to break formation and follow a different path if needed?

We consider this on evade action and when there is no missiles left. Contrain is that if you want to follow combat you keep on eye on single aircraft rather then formation.

As for the ground attacks we cosider two options there. Pre-strike target selection and strike itself with a cut scenes involving attacker, victum and Air Defence assets.

In order to control high speed planes while on ground mission that would mean really big maps to give enough room for action.

#11 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

Ok great i hope all goes well.Keep working on it and we'll see where it goes. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users