5 replies to this topic

#1 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:09 AM

Dear gamers,

Yet another plane entered service into War Cabinet. Orange forces will boost their warfare capacity with F-4 Phantom II.

This should be the backbone of their Air Forces for the most of the campaign.

Phantom-II.png

The Mcdonnel Douglas F-4 Phantom II entered service in the 60s with the US Navy. It a large tandem seat fighter that could bring into the air more than 8 tons of weapons. This includes wide array of air-to air, air-to-ground missiles and bombs. With its first appearance F-4 set a numerous records with most notable been an absolute speed and altitude.

Main adversaries of F-4E would be Mig-21Bis and Mig-23MLD. Phantom will be at disadvantage when starting to face more modern fighters

Several variants of the plane are considered to be implemented to fulfill specific mission types like Recon and SEAD.

#2 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

This thing is lightning fast but turns like a goddamned loaded truck. :P

Still one of the fastest Jets today,i mean top speed.Many countries still use this including my country.

MIGs are damn fast too a worthy adversary for the Phantoms,can't wait to use both of them in the game.

#3 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

Like what I read about more variants to do different missions. This would also mean different weapons payload I guess? F-4 will be more like multirole, but not a dedicated fighter?

On the screenshots it’s armed with AA missiles and fuel tanks only. I’m curious how it will stand against vs Mig-21bis

Model is nicely done!

#4 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:08 AM

Yes the Phantom is multirole plane as far as i know.What you say about different payloads is really interesting i never thought about it,but i like the idea.Of course it's up to nikolay to let us know if we'll see different payloads or just one full payload for any kind of mission,air to air or air to ground.

#5 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

Hi Guys, confirming F-4 as multi-mission capable. We could certainly use different payloads depending on the mission type. However, this will be automatic weapons preset, but not player able to customize it as we are still into making RTS game, but not flight simulator :)

What we would try to include if time permits is to have different variants of plane (not only this one). Like RF-4 for recon and Wild Weasel for SEAD

Thank you for your inputs on this topic

• WestMarch likes this

#6 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

@nikolay

I'm exited for the game as it is,anything new comes from now on it's a plus. ;)

• nikolay likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users