5 replies to this topic

#1 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

Dear Friends,

We start distributing demo build of War Cabinet having new features. All core community members will gradually receive the download link in the next few days.

It’s really important for us to get your feedback if the game is on the right track and up to the expectations.

For any questions you might have do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your support. 

#2 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

I play it through the Demo. All of the new features brings much more depth into the game (which is great) and are made very accessible and easy to understand.

I also liked a lot the new map and the ability to zoom in and out.

On the big map enemy started advancing, but there is no almost no way I can stop them from progressing and capturing my bases. If I have more forces in front of them only then they stop otherwise they pass close to my forces without any combat happening. Why is that and how it will work in general?

There were many missing weapons for different types on the market and training of new units is not allowed except for Infantry and Tanks. I guess these will be added gradually on later stages?

Airplanes should cover much wider area of patrols. If you add air defenses on the map it will be more fun and challenge with the AirOps.

Fighter engagement is eye candy with the new additions, but I found it too deadly for both sides. More maneuvering and less casualties will be more realistic IMHO.

Having more tactical missions to play around the different map sectors will be really cool.

Idea with the skills points and abilities for the commanding general is great. I wonder how he will earn the medals and get more points?

Hope the feedback helps. :)

#3 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

First of all thanks for the comments.

On the big map enemy started advancing, but there is no almost no way I can stop them from progressing and capturing my bases. If I have more forces in front of them only then they stop otherwise they pass close to my forces without any combat happening. Why is that and how it will work in general?

General idea behind is when confronting units come close to each other player will have an option to auto-resolve combat or play through it. Currently this is not enabled because it requires more work and refinement, that’s why enemy is freely passing through your zones of control.

There were many missing weapons for different types on the market and training of new units is not allowed except for Infantry and Tanks. I guess these will be added gradually on later stages?

For the market and train we will gradually add all of the equipment and classes.

Airplanes should cover much wider area of patrols. If you add air defenses on the map it will be more fun and challenge with the AirOps.

Fighter engagement is eye candy with the new additions, but I found it too deadly for both sides. More maneuvering and less casualties will be more realistic IMHO.

It’s a good comment about patrol areas and this will be fixed. SAM sites are in the dev pipeline and will be certainly implemented.  Point taken for the combat as well.

Having more tactical missions to play around the different map sectors will be really cool.

More missions are in progress.

Idea with the skills points and abilities for the commanding general is great. I wonder how he will earn the medals and get more points?

High Commander (and not only he, but other generals as well) will earn medals by fulfilling various war goals and achievements. Earning more medals will give you more points to distribute. 

Will be happy to clarify further if needed

#4 WestMarch

WestMarch

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

Sound cool, thanks. Looking forward for the next updates

#5 the_prophet1987

the_prophet1987

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hey people i played the demo to some point but i have some issues.The game runs fine on the map and it looks really great with all the new features but i wasn't able to play a battle.When the first battle starts and the tutorial ends there's a scene with some fighters flying around and then the game crashes.I don't know what the problem is but if i find out i might be able to play the demo.Until then i'll have to agree with most of what @WestMarch is proposing.Sorry i couldn't provide more feedback! -_-

#6 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

Prophet, that crash is very disturbing!  -_-  It wasn’t detected/reported so far despite numerous tests.

It will be really helpful if we could get more details to reproduce it and kill the bug. I will send you PM to discuss on this.  

Thanks for pointing this out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users