16 replies to this topic

#1 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Dear forum friends,

This is the Interface screen for Faction selection.

Interface_Screenforumi.png

The Interface screen where to select your playable county. Which one you will choose:  the House of Green or the House of Orange.

Share your choice on the selected faction as well as your opinion on the Interface screen.

#2 Zandatsu

Zandatsu

Sergeant

• Chief Engineers
  • 107 posts
  • LocationCoventry, United Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

What are the main difference's between the House's? The selection screen is looking good.

techsigv2fx8.png

#3 Drakuul

Drakuul

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

House of orange a bit  loks like ex Yugoslavia & H of G a bit like austro - hungarian empire... or maybe it`s `cause I`m historian :) 

• Mijatovic_SERBIA likes this

#4 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

The key difference between these countries is origin of the weapons that they will use and of course the starting location.

#5 Parker203

Parker203

Platoon Lead

• Leutenant
  • 209 posts
  • LocationGO WALES GO!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

On also looks good, one also looks evil. Can't wait to zerg rush T-55s as the HoO!

Student, no money, no experience in making games, PHD at nothing

#6 Justind92

Justind92

Sergeant

• Chief Engineers
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHorn Lake, MS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Dear forum friends,

This is the Interface screen for Faction selection.

Interface_Screenforumi.png

The Interface screen where to select your playable county. Which one you will choose:  the House of Green or the House of Orange.

Share your choice on the selected faction as well as your opinion on the Interface screen.

Looking great! Keep up the great work!

Justin DeGraw - 22Years Old-

Community Manager - Forgotten Star -

Steam: JustinD92

Twitter: jdegraw92

Instagram: jdegraw92 

xHtKcEMUoBkneAcB.jpg

onezerobinary.png?game=defiance

#7 Mathew

Mathew

Soldier

• Chief Engineers
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Yes the interface looks good, makes me want to start playing now. Not sure which fraction, but normally I go for the NATO supported, as I feel I am one of the good guys.

Mat

#8 Roncho

Roncho

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

I don't see the purpose of Houses. Remove houses but keep the logos as coat of arms of countries (So far I've learned house orange is basically USA and it has eagle in it's logo so it is fine but green logo looks childish. Just take the USSR coat of arms and change it a bit.)
http://upload.wikime...oviet_Union.svg
  • Roncho likes this

#9 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

Both houses represent small countries using either US or USSR/Russia weapons.

Purpose of the houses it to bring some more untraditional flavor instead of using real countries (which will also lead to other complications in the overall design).

As we are listening to the game communities and if we receive strong enough feedback that something is going wrong then we could very well consider changing it.

We still could afford that in early stage development.

Thank you for your comments.

#10 CaptMilkshake

CaptMilkshake

Rookie

• Chief Engineers
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

So are the two factions being pitted against each other, are they like Nazis VS Amareca or something like that? Or is it somethin completely different.

#11 Community Manager

Community Manager

C&C Officer

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

So are the two factions being pitted against each other, are they like Nazis VS Amareca or something like that? Or is it somethin completely different.

The two factions represent the The House of Orange and The House of Green. They are two rivals fighting for Marutia.

Conflict will be similar to proxy war scenario during Cold War. So it’s more like 2 puppets of US and Russia are fighting each other

#12 fabius

fabius

Rookie

• Chief Engineers
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Ideally the house logos do look a little Red Alert-ish. More realistic and contemporary country logos would be better.

#13 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Ideally the house logos do look a little Red Alert-ish. More realistic and contemporary country logos would be better.

Thank you for your comments and opinion :)

#14 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

Will there be any new faction to choose in campaign or other mode? Something tells me 4 factions would be cool to have, make alliances in campaign, fight each other etc.

''House of'' reminds me of GoT very much, what about ''Green Camp'' or ''Camp of Green'', i would also say ''stronghold'', but no because of that game.

The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

#15 nikolay

nikolay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

If we are doing well with the game in the future then one of the first things to be considered is the addition of new playable faction with its own set of weapons. 

#16 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Platoon Lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Or instead ''camp'' or ''house'' you can simply call it ''Faction'', i think it sound very good. ''Green Faction'' or ''Orange Faction''.

If you consider adding new faction in the future, ''Grey Faction'' or ''House of Grey'' would be cool. You know, gray coats, gray weapon and tanks, resemble Germany in WWI and WWII. Their weapons can cost more, but they will be stronger, so small but strong army, small but strong house.

The truth is only point of view. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement.

#17 pkozukova

pkozukova

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Or instead ''camp'' or ''house'' you can simply call it ''Faction'', i think it sound very good. ''Green Faction'' or ''Orange Faction''.

If you consider adding new faction in the future, ''Gray Faction'' or ''House of Gray'' would be cool. You know, gray coats, gray weapon and tanks, resemble Germany in WWI and WWII. Their weapons can cost more, but they will be stronger, so small but strong army, small but strong house.

Very good suggestion :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, interface, screen, faction, selection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users